Man Cave Design & Build
Wives have their she-sheds, so why can’t husbands have their man-caves? We say there is no reason to put off designing and building a man-cave that will be your friends’ favorite place to gather. We happen to know about the type of getaway you for which you are wishing.
Must-Have Elements of a Man-Cave
We know that every guy is different and will, therefore, want to be involved in deciding what he wants or does not want in his dream relaxation space. Here are a few standard components usually incorporated into a man-cave:
- A home theater experience – an oversized big screen TV and a few recliners with cup holders are a must
- A minimalist, but well-designed, wet bar
- A pool table
- A music experience – a guitar, an excellent music system
- A touch of fun – we all know it’s a bit humorous for men to take refuge in the solace of their “cave.”
- Construction materials that are “manly” like corrugated tin, vintage wood, steel, and concrete
- Maybe a few more lounge chairs
Best Paint Colors for a Man-Cave
Just because you are designing a man cave, the colors you choose do not have to be dark and gloomy. Satin Touch’s Minnesota design professionals will work with you to discover the best colors for the interior of your cave. Colors that have worked well in male getaway spaces include:
- Navy – a dark color that can set the tone for a calm and relaxing area
- Slate Gray – not only masculine but also outdoorsy, slate gray will give your man room a perfectly neutral background
- Chocolate brown – subtle, cozy, warm, and inviting, brown works well with wood and stonework
- Burgundy – instead of going with a bright red color, burgundy can bring an energetic feel to the room while also adding a modern flair
- Black – yes, we know some fellows love the idea of black paint; but black can be handsome with the addition of contrasting colors, as well.
Not only can Satin Touch assist you with your color choices, but we also offer several types of interior paint to meet the needs of any project undertaken, including:
- Matte Enamel
The Satin Touch Process
Once your cave is built, and you have decided on the colors of paint you are going to use, Satin Touch goes into overdrive. First, we take a good, long look at your room. We want to be sure that we understand what needs protection from paint drips or splashes. We will cover, or take out of the room, anything that needs to shielding from paint or cleaning agents.
When the painting completes, we reset the room back to its original state or assist you in reinventing your area to meet your vision.
After the paint is on the walls, our company ensures that any tools, tape, coverings, or any other foreign object is out of the room.
Our team does not leave the site until clients have inspected the room and given us a thumbs up.
Giving Your Man-Cave Some Character
Your cave is ready to move into; your painting accomplished; you have a primary design type in place, and you are prepared to make this space your own. Here are ten ways to do just that:
- Consider adding some texture. This addition is done by including textured carpet, pictures on the walls (maybe your favorite soccer team logos), or adding geometric decor.
- Display your collections and memorabilia on shelves.
- Use of pieces of a car (front grill, hubcaps, a door) to decorate your cave.
- Hang a comfortable hammock in your room, if you want to do so.
- Think about concrete for your floor.
- Leather furniture is always the right choice for a cave.
- Turnbeer barrelsinto seating.
- Consider using marquis lights over your bar.
- Make hangers for your bathroom out of wrenches. Just curve them into a hook-shape.
- Top your counters withtin.
What Size Should Your Man-Cave Be?
If you’ve been worried that the room you have chosen to be your man-cave is not large enough, don’t be. Man-caves come in many sizes. The cave you want has to big enough to cater to your needs, hobbies, and entertainment. A place, in other words, to escape from your daily routine and the everyday stresses that come with being an adult. Just as small houses are taking the spotlight these days, small rooms can be just as enjoyable as something more significant. Here are some rules to follow:
- Design your room toward your interests.
- Plan the layout of the room.
- Decide on the style you want the room to exude.
- Think about repurposing some items that would be great for your room.
- Make your small space seem more significant by using the right paint color; the correct flooring; and by minimizing. The less stuff, the larger the room appears to be.
- Use furniture that is the correct size for the room.
- Use mirrors to create an illusion of more space.
Contact Us Today For An Estimate On Your Man Cave!
Located in Minneapolis, we also serve the entire Twin Cities metro area, including Minneapolis and St. Paul. Satin Touch offers both residential and commercial painting services and remains locally and independently owned. If you need professional design consultations, we’ve got you covered. We are also licensed, bonded, and insured.
Our team can give on-site price estimates at no cost or obligation to you. Our design team will turn your man-cave room or studio into a work of art. As one of our customers said recently:
I’ve done business with Satin Touch for several years and I hope to for many more. They are great at their profession, stand behind their work, [are] honest, and trustworthy. I would highly recommend them. – Pat DeCock, Zep, Inc.